Why are my Digium phones slow to respond or randomly reboot?
This article shows a situation where a customers HP workstations were flooding their network/phones with IPV6 multicast packets causing their phones to first start moving slow/slugging the would reboot
- If you're having issues with your Digium SIP phones intermittently becoming slow to respond, delayed key presses or randomly rebooting these issues could be due to a IPv6 multicast flood of packets coming from your workstations during a sleep state.
- Intel has identified an issue in their i217-LM chipset that will cause workstations that are sleeping to send a massive amounts of IPv6 multicast packets to Digium phones causing them to reboot and become very slow or sluggish.
- These IPv6 multicast packets can also cause other problems in your local area network as well and cause a degradation of service in the overall performance of your Switchvox PBX
- To fix this issue, you can do the following:
- Turn off IPv6 on the workstation(s)
- Turn off Sleeping state on the workstation(s).