To manually register a Polycom
phone you will need three basic pieces of info:
- IP address of the Polycom phone
- To locate the IP address of the Polycom phone hit Menu -> Status -> Network -> TCP/IP Parameters, take note of the listed IP address.
- SIP extension number with phone-password
- The phone-password can be set by logging into the /Admin -> Setup -> Manage -> Modify (pencil button) the SIP extension you wish to register -> Phone Settings tab -> Common Settings -> Phone Password.
- It is highly recommended to make the phone-password as complex as possible, this is your authentication password and therefore needs to be considered strong.
- IP address of the Switchvox.
Once you have the above info, open up a web browser and enter the IP Address of the Polycom phone
in the Address Bar
. It should prompt you to log in, use the following credentials:
- Username: Polycom
- Password: 456
Once logged into the Polycom phone's web UI go to the Lines
section at the top -> Line 1
and fill out the following fields as follows:
- Display Name: SIP Extension Number
- Address: SIP Extension Number
- Authentication User ID: SIP Extension Number
- Authentication Password: Phone-Password from above (not the numeric/voicemail password!).
- Label: SIP Extension Number
Under Server 1
- Address: IP Address of the Switchvox PBX
- Port: 5060
- Expires: 120 (should be by default)
- Register: 1 (should be by default)
- Leave all other settings default.
to Save settings, this should reboot the phone and when it is fully rebooted it should be registered to the SIP extension. To verify if the phone is registered go to Server
-> Connection Status
-> SIP Phones
For detailed information on your Polycom Phone model, please click on your model on the Polycom support web site:https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice.html