Moving? What do I need to do?
The great news about a cloud service is that it is effectively available from anywhere. However, to ensure limited interruptions in your service, DCS has the following suggestions:
- At your new location with your network installed (router, firewall and switches) re-run the DCS network test, which can be found here: http://www.digium.com/en/products/business-phone-systems/hosted-pbx/network-test, If any issues are found, please resolve before migrating your service to this Internet service provider (ISP).
- If reusing your networking gear from your original location, then your firewall/router settings should have already been preserved.
- If reusing your SIP phones from your original location, those settings should also have been preserved.
- If installing NEW firewall/router, please refer to our Router Firewall Basic Configuration List or contact DCS Customer Support for recommended settings to ensure best performance.
DCS Customer Support can be reached by calling 877.344.4861 or 256.428.6161. You can also open a support ticket by clicking this link: https://digiumcommunity.force.com/customer/500/o.
- If possible, make several test calls before going live to ensure that you have worked through all of the issues of installing your service on a new network.
- Lastly and most important, please notify DCS Customer Service of your change of address so that your 911 information can be updated. Failure to do so could result in delayed emergency service.