Point your web browser to your PBX web interface. The following is a sample login :
Then enter configuration values in the following areas of the interface as described below:
- Go to Setup > Call Routing > VOIP Providers and click Create SIP Provider.
- Add values as indicated under the following tabs:
SIP Provider Information tab
- SIP Provider Name: Enter your provider name.
- Your Account ID: Enter your_digium_username without @sip.digiumcloud.net; Switchvox will report the length of the account ID is too long if you use the extended name.
- Your Password: Enter your_digium_password.
- Hostname/IP Address: Enter sip.digiumcloud.net.
- Callback Extension: Select an IVR or Extension or any other destination to which you want to send Inbound Calls on this Digium SIP Trunk.
- Default Fax Extension: NA.
- DTMF Mode: Use the default.
Caller ID Settings tab
- Supports Changing Caller ID: Set to YES.
- Caller-ID Method: Use the default.
- Caller ID Name: NA.
- Caller ID Number: NA.
Call Settings tab
- ULAW: Set to ON.
- ALAW: Set to ON.
- G722: Set to ON.
- G729: Set to ON if you have purchased the G729 add-on.
- Always Send Early Media: Set to YES.
After a trunk has been created, create an Inbound Route
to handle calls coming from the Digium SIP Trunking service to your Switchvox system and make these configuration changes by going to Setup > Incoming calls
and click Create a Single DID Route.
Add values as indicated below:
- Rule Name: Enter calls-from-your_digium_number.
- Incoming DID to Match: Enter your_digium_number; for example, 2565551234
- Incoming Provider: Use the default.
- Incoming Call Type Use the default.
- Extension to Route Call: Select an IVR or Extension or any other destination to which you want to send Inbound Calls on this Digium SIP Trunk.
Probably you already have several outgoing call rules set up on your system. The following steps guide you through the process of changing the provider that Switchvox uses to place the outbound call. Go to Setup > Outgoing Calls.
- From the list of call rules, click the pencil icon (under Actions) of the rule you wish to modify.
- Primary Call Through Provider: Change to Your_digium_sip_trunk_provider.
- Click Save Outgoing Call Rule.
- Repeat the process on the other outgoing calls that you wish to dial through your Digium SIP trunk
NOTE: Digium Trunk servers accept 10 or 1+10 digits dialing. If you wish to dial 7 digits, add your area code in the section that prepends the digits to the number in the call rule.